Pixabay is one of the go-to sites for many creators, designers, and marketers to find some quality images. The site provides over 400k images that have been categorized for your benefit. Pixabay owns the license of these images. So, you can easily use them in your work without having to give attribution to anyone. Given the popularity of Pixabay, we decided to do some digging and find some of the best sites like Pixabay. So, if you have been searching for some Pixabay alternatives.
Websites Like Pixabay:
Flickr has to be one of the most popular websites where people host images. You might have seen Flickr links on different social media platforms where the link just takes you to an image. In addition to being an image-hosting site, Flickr also provides pictures that are licensed-free. You can upload photos on Flickr and other people can find those photos on the platform. It is free to create an account on the site and share images with friends and families as well as your followers.
- If you buy the pro account you will have unlimited storage.
- The platform will resize images for use on the web.
- Some third-party tools make it interesting and easier to work with.
The site can be used for free but there are plans for more features. You can choose the monthly plan which costs $6.99 per month. If you buy the annual plan then it will result in $5 per month.
Well, most of us are familiar with the next website. Shutterstock is one of the most popular websites where you find quality images for your projects or campaigns. If you need to add some visual element to your blog post, social media content or web page you can find appropriate images on this site. The site has a ton of licensed vectors, illustrations, photographs, music, and videos. If you are looking for sites like Pixabay, then you should try this one out if you haven’t already.
- Businesses, brands, influencers, marketers, students, etc. use Shutterstock to get high-quality images.
- Over 1 million people contribute to Shutterstock which helps expand its ever-growing arsenal of high-quality and useful media.
- Currently, Shutterstock has more than 350 million images and around 20 million video clips.
- This site is highly liked by a lot of people because of its use case and ease of use.
There are different packages that you can buy. The cheapest starts at $29 per month where you get 10 credits.
Freeimages is a site that has a huge collection of images that are uploaded by people to the platform. The site is very user-friendly. All the essentials that can assist with your search are present on the website. The images are categorized and each of them has multiple tags associated with them. This makes it easier to look for images that will be relevant to your work. The content that is present on this website comes under CC0. For the uninitiated, CC0 stands for creative commons license. You forfeit your rights to the image and make them a sort of public property to be used without any credits.
Features of Freeimages
- The site has an impressive collection of images.
- The images you find here can be easily downloaded for free.
- You don’t have to provide any attribution to use these images.
- These stock images can be used unlimited times for commercial or personal purposes.
- Copyright-free and high-quality images are present here.
Freeimages.com is a free website.
If you are looking for Pixabay alternatives where you can find quality stock images, then you have to visit Unsplash. Many marketers use this site to get quality images for their campaigns. You can upload your images to Unsplash if you want. The site has the motto of providing photos for everyone. If you are looking for some high-quality images for commercial or personal use you can find some good options on this site. You can easily download images without having to create an account. There is quite a lot of variety in the images that are present on this site.
- This site is free to use. You can easily get quality images for free. But there are pricing options available.
- All the images present here are of good quality and there’s a good variety of niches and categories.
- You don’t have to create an account to download images.
- The images fall under CC0. So, you can use it freely.
The site can be used for free but there are pricing plans available.
There are many sites like Pixabay and one of them is Gratisography. The site is very confident about the quality of the services it offers to its users. It says that there are many sites for finding stock images to use but if you are looking for something better you should try out its services. You will find high-quality images that are truly impactful and will deliver your message to the consumers with more gravitas. If you want to make an impact and grab the attention of your target audience you have to add a visual element to your work. Using this site you will be able to find some quality images for your campaign and posts.
- The site promises high-resolution images that can add value to your content.
- The site provides images that don’t feel ‘stocky’ and boring. The company believes in quality over quantity.
- All the photos are free to use as long as you don’t start selling them on other sites.
The site is free to use.
If you are looking for websites like Pixabay then you might want to take a look at Pexels. This is a platform for stock images and videos owned by Canva which is known for its top-quality design tool. Pexels started in 2014 in Germany. What the site promises is that you can get high-resolution images from its database. If you choose to use Pexels you will have access to millions of amazing stock media that you can easily integrate into your content, blog post, social media post, web page, presentations, etc. A lot of people like using this site for stock images.
- It has 3.2 million stick photos and videos for use.
- All the images that you find here will be of high resolution.
- All the photos and videos can be used for free in your project.
- The media you choose from this site does not need to be attributed to its creator unless you want to.
This site is completely free to use.
Looking for free stock photos then check out StockSnap which is one of the sites like Pixabay that has a huge inventory of some good-quality media. When you want to add some images to your content without having to worry about copyrights you need to look for images that you don’t need to provide attribution to. Here’s where StockSnap comes in. The site offers its users tons of stock images to choose from. These images are copyright free and you can use them freely in your work. The site keeps updating each day, so do expect to see new stuff regularly.
- All the images on this site come under the creative commons license.
- You don’t have to pay any money to use the images on this site.
- All the images and photos are of high quality.
- The site keeps on adding new images daily to keep its inventory growing.
The site is completely free to use.
The next entry on the list is a free stock photo platform called Burst. This platform is a subdomain of Shopify. They have an image-rich library filled with high-resolution images that can be used royalty-free in your work. Whether you want a nice background for your blog post or web page or want some good images for your campaign or presentation you will find some decent options here. The aim behind the creation of Burst was to have a platform for designers, bloggers, developers, entrepreneurs, etc. which lets them have access to a plethora of quality images.
- You have options to download low-resolution as well as high-resolution versions of the same image.
- The site is free to use making it a good choice for smaller businesses.
- The images are segregated according to different categories making it easier to search for relevant ones.
- The site keeps adding more quality images to its inventory. You can check out the New Photos section.
Currently, the website is free to use.
iStock is one of the popular entries in the list because this is the platform that sort of spearheaded user-generated images for the stock image library. The company was founded in 2000. So, they have been providing services for stock media for over 2 decades. You can find photos, video clips, vectors, illustrations, etc. in the inventory of iStock. The company is not free. So, you do have to pay for the rights to the images but you also do not have to break your bank to get them.
- The company does not only have images but videos, music, and sound effects as well.
- The media has been sourced from all over the world. Over 160k talented artists have contributed to the growth of the inventory.
- You can get images in any size without having to pay more.
- You do get legal protection and can use the images without having to worry about anything.
There are three packages. The basic one costs £19 per month for 10 downloads per month.
VistaCreate is a design tool that can be used to do much more than look for stock photos. Of course, if you just want sites like Pixabay that only provide stock photos then VistaCreate does not fall into that category. But if you are looking for sites that do provide a nice inventory of quality stock images and have other features that can help with your work then VistaCreate can be a good option. The site has thousands of stock images that you can use in your work to add an impactful visual appeal to your message.
- The platform is quite user-friendly. It is a design tool but even non-designers can easily use it and create something within minutes.
- There are a wide variety of images from photos to illustrations to vectors etc.
- There are pre-designed templates that can be directly used as the starting point.
The starter pack is free while the pro pack costs $10 per month.
If all the free options are not cutting it and you need high-quality images that suit your project then you can use Adobe Stock. Adobe is a household name when it comes to creative design. This company has made some of the best tools that can be used to design and create some of the most amazing visual content. Many professionals use Adobe software. If you are looking for Stock images then Adobe does have a huge inventory for it. But it is not free. The images are licensed. But don’t walk away since it is not free. Sometimes you need to pay for quality.
- The images you find on Adobe Stock have been contributed by some of the most talented creators and artists from all over the world.
- If you use any image from this inventory then you don’t have to worry about royalties as these will have royalty-free licensing.
- The search engine is powered by Adobe Sensei making it easier to find the perfect asset.
- You can use Adobe Stock to upload and sell your images.
There are many pricing plans allowing you a certain number of guaranteed assets per month. You can also buy images and media-on-demand.
Well, let’s go back to websites like Pixabay that are free to use. PicJumbo is one of the options you have for free stock image platforms. The site was created by Viktor Hanacek. He is a designer and photographer who had been trying to get his work featured on stock photo sites but they were rejected. He didn’t give up and created his own platform viz. PicJumbo. Today, PicJumbo is quite popular and people have downloaded millions of images from the site making it one of the best sites to use for free stock images.
- The photos are of high quality.
- You can use these images for free within some limitations. The photographers are not responsible for the subject of the photo which may be copyrighted material. So, use your discretion.
- Huge inventory of different kinds of photographs that have been categorized nicely.
The site is free to use but you can tip the creators or buy the premium pack.
Let’s wrap this list up with Dreamstime. If you are looking for unique royalty-free images then you can use this platform. It has a nice inventory of over 182 million stock photos. The site has over 41 million users. If you are looking for sites like Pixabay then you have to try this one.
- Huge inventory with tons of categories.
- The quality of the images is top tier.
- The prices are quite affordable.
You can find free photos to use on this site but you can buy some quality images at affordable rates.
Oftentimes searching for quality stock photos can be a bit frustrating since there aren’t decent options. Sometimes you need specific types of images to bring your project to life. Death To Stock Photos aims to provide authentic stock photos to designers and creators that they can use in your project. You get fresh and decent options for good-quality images and videos on this site. Many big companies have liked the services of this company. The company does not want you to use cheesy and overused stock photos but rather unique ones that bring life to whatever you are working on.
- All the photos are fresh and unique. They don’t necessarily have a ‘stocky’ feel but rather look authentic.
- Many big companies like Spotify, Playboy, Puma, Sonos, etc. have liked the services of Death to The Stock Photo.
- The company provides subscriptions to its services. You get unlimited downloads with the subscription.
- The inventory is constantly added to every month with newer works. So, you can always be on-trend.
For small businesses, the starter subscription package costs $15 per month. If you buy an annual subscription the amount will become $12 per month.
If you are looking for a good site that can provide you with a plethora of options for stock photos and vector illustrations then you should check out 123RF. It is one of the sites like Pixabay that you can use for finding media for your project or campaign. The site has a huge inventory that boasts of having millions of stock photos and vectors. You can take your projects to the next level by using the quality stock photos that you find on this site. It has many features that make it one of the best Pixabay alternatives.
- The site has a huge inventory. You can literally browse through millions of stock images and vectors on this site and find the one that fits your niche.
- The site comes with an integrated search bar to search for the perfect images for your project. The images are nicely categorized making it easier to search the ones you are looking for.
- There are different pricing options available. It isn’t that costly. The images here can be quite affordable.
If you buy the subscription pack you can get each image for as low as $0.86.
So, that was our list of some of the best Pixabay alternatives you can find online. All these are decent options. You can choose the one that best suits your needs. Yon use all of them depending on your project or campaign and which ones have the kind of images you are looking for. We hope you found some useful info regarding websites like Pixabay.