Well here it is. The Old Spice Social Campaign Case Study from WK. To save the judges some time this year, I’d suggest sending the pencils, lions, grand pix’ and the like straight to the WK head office in an overnight express bag, no need for a tracking code, everyone know’s who those awards will belong to! Check out the video above, the results are just as you’d expect.
The Old Spice Case Study talks us through the insight around targeting men & women at the same time to generate conversation around body wash. When it was launched online for the super bowl weekend (and TV shortly after) the campaign managed to capture 75% of all conversations in the category (although I’m sure that was off a small base) before every man and his dog was talking about the Old Spice ads.
To continue that success Old Spice & WK needed to take the campaign to the next level, Mustafa was now a household hero, and they wanted to engage the fans directly. And so the response campaign was born.
Over 3 days, a team of creatives, digital strategists, developers and producers filmed 180 odd videos around the clock, creating videos and responding directly to fans and celebrities in near real time to create what is now known as the best social campaign ever to have been created.
So here are a few of the stats… hold your breath…
- On day 1 the campaign received almost 6 million views
(that’s more than Obama’s victory speech)
- On day 2 old spice had 8 of the 11 most popular videos online
- On day 3 the campaign had reached over 20 million views
- After the first week old spice had over 40 million views
- The old spice twitter following increased 2700% (probably off a lowish base)
- Facebook fan interaction was up 800%
- Oldspice.com website traffic was up 300%
- The old spice YouTube channel became the all time most viewed channel (amazing)
- Thecampain has generated 1.4 billion impressions since launching the ads 6 months ago
- The campaign increased sales by 27% over 6 months since launching (year on year)
- In the last 3 months sales were up 55%
- And in the last month sales were up 107% from the social responses campaign work
- Old spice is now the #1 body wash brand for men.
I don’t think I need to add much more to that. I just really want to see what old spice has in store for us next, in fact i’m itching for it. (no pressure WK!) (via Creativity Online)