Social media can shape the way that we make our decisions on a day-to-day basis and this is seen very much in the travel industry. This great infographic from Swedish social travel startup Tripl demonstrates how interactions through social media are effecting this industry.
A few key points of interest for me are:
- 72% of all social network users access their social network sites daily while they are travelling
- 200 million passengers will board GOGO-WIFI flights this year
- 69% of all travel companies saw traffic growth from Facebook
- 46% of all travel companies saw traffic growth from Twitter
- The top 5 airlines have 2,566,000 fans on Facebook
- 50 million trip reviews have been created for TripAdvisor