Here is a great infographic that really highlights the power and potential of social commerce with some great take away stats and insights. We all understand that in order to effectively market products to consumers you need to have a good understanding of the attitude and behaviour patterns of your target audience. Psychologists have defined six universal traits that have been seen in shoppers and are now being seen in social commerce.
- Social Proof: 81% of customers reach out to friends and family members on social networking sites for advice before purchasing products
- Authority: 77% of online shoppers use reviews to make purchase decisions
- Scarcity: 77% of people like getting exclusive offers that they can redeem via Facebook. We assign more value to products that are less available
- Like: 50% of shoppers have made a purchase based on the recommendation of the people they follow(and like) on social networks. We follow those we like and do the things they do
- Consistency: Purchases made from the brands we trust reinforce our future shopping patterns
- Reciprocity: We have an innate desire to repay favors in order to maintain social fairness, whether those favors are invited or not
It certianly helps to build a strong case to pay some attention to social commerce possibilities for your brand. I love the take away at the bottom of this infographic “Social commerce helps shoppers make smart and savy purchases. In return retailers are able to listen and implement changes in order to provide a tailored product and shopping experience”. It sounds like a win win situation – do you agree? Great work from Tab Juice