Here’s a great infographic that gives some handy tips on how we can all increase the traction on our Tweets. Last year Dan Zarrella analysed 200,000 link containing tweets to identify where in a tweet was the best place to put the link, he’s added to this research by identifying elements within a Tweet that tend to lead to higher click-through rates for tweeted links. A few key points to getting the highest clicks on your tweets:
- Length - keep your tweets to 120-130 characters long
- Location – place your link 25% of the way into your tweet
- Language – include the words via, @, RT, please and check
- Language – use more adverbs and verbs
- Time - tweet on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday during the afternoon
Will you be getting more out of your Tweets?