Just 4 years ago, in 2008, Facebook had just 100 million users, last week we saw the release of their first ever ad campaign,Things That Connect Us celebrating the billion fan milestone. Here’s a nice infographic that summarises some of the facts behind this extraordinary platform:
- There have been 140.3 billion friend connections
- 219 billion photos have been uploaded onto Facebook
- The Facebook “like” button has been hit 1.13 trillion times
- 62.6 billion songs have been played
- The average age of a Facebook user is 22 years
- Facebook now has 600 million mobile users
These are some pretty impressive numbers. With just over 6 billion people left to sign up, what does the future hold for Facebook?