I came across this Infographic today whilst reading a post on socialcommercetoday.com and had to post it along with this great little video “A LIFE ON FACEBOOK by Alex Droner” (embedded below). The article highlights that “There are 621 743 220 worldwide Facebook users, that means that 1 in 11 humans are active on Facebook”. This, together with this Infographic created by SocialBakers demonstrates the continued vast growth of Facebook, with stats like “7.9 new account registrations per second”. These figures are already making previous 2011 Facebook Facts look out of date. If that’s not enough then here are some important Facebook figures for anyone who isn’t convinced that brands should be in this space:
- Average user connected to 80 community pages, groups and events
- Average user creates 90 pieces of content each month
- 30 billion pieces of content shared each month
- 2.5 million websites have integrated with Facebook
- 20 million applications installed every day
And to quote Mark Zuckerberg at Web 2.0 Summit last year “Over the next five years every product vertical will be rethought to be social. Get on the bus.”
The question is how can brands still need convincing of the opportunities that Facebook could offer them?